Are Locksmiths Still Operating During Lockdown
The UK enters its second lockdown this year, hopefully this will end on December 2nd as planned. With most of us working from home or not working at all.
But what do you do if you need a door unlocked or a lock change? Are Locksmiths still working? What extra precautions are being taken? ITCC Locksmiths remains operating like usual on a 24hr basis, but what about everyone else?
Emergency Locksmith Service: We have conducted research across the England and can reaffirm the vast majority of locksmiths are still operating and delivering essential emergency services needed by the Great British public including ITCC Locksmiths. Under current government restrictions locksmiths are allowed to operate however to meet government advice the way locksmiths operate may have changed. Some locksmiths may ask more questions before attending, some locksmiths may only accept card payments but all locksmiths should try to adhere to social distancing advice issued by the British government.
Locksmith Shops: From the research ITCC has conducted the vast majority of locksmith shops will be shut following government advice. To help slow the spread of Coronavirus.
All locksmiths are taking special measures, asking more questions for example is the customer self isolating or have any symptoms of Covid 19. Locksmiths may also be wearing protective equipment including gloves and masks and may adhere to a strict cleaning routine.
We ask all customers to inform the locksmith if you are self isolating on your initial call. This is for the safety of the locksmith and their families.
Questions and Answers
What hours are locksmiths still operating?
ITCC Locksmiths and the majority of other locksmiths’ hours have not been affected by the lockdown.
- Emergency Locksmiths – hours open as normal
- 24 Hour Locksmiths – still open 24 hours a day
I am self-isolating at home can a locksmith still help?
Locksmiths will still be able to help if you are self isolating at home, however we recommend the following advice.
- Please inform the locksmith if you are self isolating
- Tell the locksmiths exactly what you require
- Some locksmiths are only conducting essential work
- Some locksmiths may only accept card payments
Will the locksmith adhere to social distancing advice?
Yes locksmiths can complete the work on their own if you allow him. Locksmiths will attempt to ensure social distancing measures are being taken at all times and extra safety precautions such as gloves, maks and stricter cleaning.
As it currently stands locksmiths are free to operate, however it is looking increasingly likely the British Government will bring in increased restrictions on the public and businesses in order to reduce the spread of the virus, this may change how locksmiths operate and if they can operate at all.
Essential Locksmith Work
The following work will more than likely be considered essential.
- 24 Hour Emergency Locksmith Call Outs
- Lockouts if locked out of your home
- Opening locked doors if locked in
- Front and back doors not locking
- Door Lock repairs
- Lock upgrades (For Security)
- Replacement door and window locks (For Security)
- Emergency auto locksmith work
- Lost car keys, vehicle keys not working
- Auto work for key workers
Non-Essential Locksmith Work
The following types of work will probably not be considered as essential during the current COVID-19 lockdown.
- Access control systems
- Installation of Security grilles, gates and shutters
- Installation of CCTV
- Installation of Alarm Systems
- Non-Emergency auto locksmith work
- Car key cutting and programming spare car keys
- Repair of intermittent fault on spare car keys
24/7 Locksmith Services
Domestic & Commercial
20-30 Minutes Arrival
Covid PPE Equipped
ITCC Locksmiths is a London based family run residential and commercial locksmith company operating 24/7.
All of our locksmiths will come equipped with gloves, masks and sanitiser while visiting your home or business for yourself and your family’s protections as well as for the protection of our locksmiths.
Measures You Can Take
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Stay 2 metres (3 steps) away from other people, if you need to go outside
Who is at high risk?
You may be at high risk from coronavirus if you:
- Have had an organ transplant
- Are having certain types of cancer treatment
- Have blood or bone marrow cancer, such as leukaemia
- Have a severe lung condition, such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma
- Have a condition that makes you much more likely to get infections
- Are taking medicine that weakens your immune system
- Are pregnant and have a serious heart condition
What To Do If You Have Symptoms
Continue to stay at home if you have either:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss of smell or taste may be a sign that you have coronavirus, according to UK researchers. A team at King’s College London looked at responses from more than 400,000 people reporting suspected Covid-19 symptoms to an app. However a loss of smell and taste are also signs of other respiratory infections, such as the common cold. Experts say fever and cough remain the most important symptoms of the virus to look out for and act upon.
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
ITCC Locksmiths do remain open for callouts, our technicians are taking extra precautions such as wearing gloves and masks for the protection of everyone.