Are you in need of locksmiths during the Coronavirus pandemic in London or other parts of the UK? Well if you do need a locksmith whether it be for a lock change or you’ve locked yourself out, you will be pleased to know most locksmiths are still operating to a certain extent. ITCC Locksmiths remain operating a mobile locksmiths services with our locksmiths taking extra safety precautions.
Emergency Locksmith Service: The majority of locksmiths across the UK are continuing to offer their emergency services when needed by the Great British public as this is currently allowed under the current government restrictions. However some locksmiths are changing the way they operate and as a result may ask more questions before attending, locksmiths may also adhere to strict social distancing advice issued by the British government.
Locksmith Shops: The vast majority of locksmiths have closed their shops in order to help combat Covid 19 and reduce its spread.
All locksmiths are currently taking special measures such as asking questions if the customer is self isolating, wearing protective equipment such as gloves and masks and adhering to social distancing advice.
The majority of locksmiths who specialise in lockouts will most likely still be operating for the time being. Most locksmiths will take special measures and precautions such as increased cleaning.
We ask all customers to inform the locksmith if you are self isolating on your initial call. This is for the safety of the locksmith and their families.
Locksmith Services Still Available
- 24 Hour locksmith service
- Lockouts and Door opening
- Replacing Locks
- Mobile Key Cutting and copying
- Door lock repairs
- Auto Locksmith service for car keys and opening car locks
As it currently stands locksmiths are remaining to operate, however it is looking increasingly likely the British Government will bring in increased restrictions on the public and businesses in order to reduce the spread of the virus, this may change how locksmiths operate and if they can operate at all.
CoronaVirus the Latest 27/03/2020
Measures You Can Take
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Stay 2 metres (3 steps) away from other people, if you need to go outside
Who is at high risk?
You may be at high risk from coronavirus if you:
- Have had an organ transplant
- Are having certain types of cancer treatment
- Have blood or bone marrow cancer, such as leukaemia
- Have a severe lung condition, such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma
- Have a condition that makes you much more likely to get infections
- Are taking medicine that weakens your immune system
- Are pregnant and have a serious heart condition
What To Do If You Have Symptoms
Continue to stay at home if you have either:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
ITCC Locksmiths do remain open for callouts, our technicians are taking extra precautions such as wearing gloves and masks for the protection of everyone.